- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
The Lesem Tire Co. operated at 325 S. Sprigg St. until owner Joe M. Lesem sold the business in 1965. (G.D. Fronabarger photo)
Dec. 3, 1941 Southeast Missourian
Estes, Lesem Form Tire, Gas Service
Roland Estes and Joe Lesem have formed a partnership, known as the Estes-Lesem & Co., to operate a combined tire and gasoline service station, at 325 South Sprigg street, it was announced today. A new building to house this is being built at the South Sprigg location.
Joe Lesem acquired full control of the tire sales and recapping business in 1945.
Jan. 24, 1946 Southeast Missourian advertisement
Car got the shakes? Better let us stop 'em before you shimmy yourself out of tires.
See us today for fast, low-cost wheel balancing before wobbly, wiggly wheels wear out your precious tires. Our experts will check them on the dynamic wheel balancer...weigh them, bring them back in correct balance for smooth, easy-driving performance.
Lesem Tire Co.
325 South Sprigg
Cape Girardeau, Mo.