- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
March 17, 1965 Southeast Missourian
More Parking Space
The Biederman Bargain Outlet and the former Goodyear tire store on Spanish street are being razed to make way for more parking for businesses fronting on Main street. In left foreground Missouri Utilities workmen Ray Clark and Lawrence Swan work on underground installations as, from left, John Latimore, W.W. Winder, Mrs. Coy Farmer and Miss Ruth Stone look on.
Jan Chick Tire Co. was the Goodyear tire store at 118 N. Spanish St. The business was operating at 325 S. Sprigg St. according to a 1968 advertisement.
Broadway is situated to the north beyond the tall building on the left.