- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Downtown merchants and civic leaders pause for a cup of coffee at the F.W. Woolworth Co. lunch counter in this undated photo by G.D. Fronabarger. We believe the picture was taken at the store's grand opening event after remodeling on Oct. 8, 1959.
They include, from left, Charles Hood, R.E.L. Lamkin Jr., L.J. Schultz, Marvin Campbell, Vinson Rueseler, Jack Lamkin, Graham Wagoner, Lymon Matthews, Walter "Doc" Ford, L.R. Roper, Henry Ochs, Ralph Hirsch, Dick Swaim, Earl Robert.
Sept. 15, 1977 Out of the Past
F.W. Woolworth Co. announces it will close its downtown Cape Girardeau store at 1 N. Main two days after Christmas; Town Plaza store will remain open; first Woolworth store in Cape Girardeau opened on Main Street on June 12, 1914.
More links to Woolworth's blogs: