- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
The Cape Girardeau Junior Chamber of Commerce, the Jaycees, sponsored its first annual gun show at the Arena Building on Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 30-31, 1960 which G.D. Fronabarger photographed. A similar photo was published on Monday in the Southeast Missourian.
The caption noted the event brought collectors and dealers to the show with a display of guns valued at many thousands of dollars. Various events, such as a fast-draw contest, were held.
Note the old wooden basketball floor.