- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
This picture by G.D. Fronabarger is looking south on Water Street and gives a view of the Mississippi River before the floodwall was built.
Batten-Weiss Furniture Co. is on the corner of Water and Themis streets. The building is now Port Cape Girardeau restaurant.
Construction of the flood control system began in 1956 and ended in 1964 at a cost of more than $4 million.