- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Southeast Missourian photographer Garland D. Fronabarger documented scenes of Mississippi River flooding in downtown Cape Girardeau before the floodwall was built. Construction of the flood control system began in 1956 and ended in 1964 at a cost of more than $4 million.
Along with writing stories, he took pictures with his Speed Graphic for the newspaper while covering various floods in Southeast Missouri as early as 1937.
In this audio slideshow, Frony talks about covering the floods while we present some of his flood pictures from over the years.
High-speed Internet options include 360p, 480p and 720p HD.
Here are links to previous blogs about river flooding: