- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Southeast Missourian Jan. 28, 1956
Sunny Hill's fleet of trucks delivers milk daily in Cape, Jackson, Illmo-Fornfelt, Ancell, Chaffee, Delta, Advance and to Anderson Air Activities at Malden, Mo. (G.D. Fronabarger photo)
The dairy was started in 1908 and began operating as Sunny Hill Farms Dairy Co. in 1930 as a partnership between brothers Louis C. and Charles F. Blattner. The plant pasteurized and homogenized milk and was operated on family-owned property on South Frederick and Good Hope.
In 1940, Sunny Hill purchased a building and property on South West End Boulevard for a new plant. At that time, a restaurant and dairy bar were added as well.
Prairie Farms purchased the business in 1970. The local dairy closed in 1974.
EDITOR'S NOTE: The picture shows two Divco "stand and drive" milk trucks in the front.