- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
This early photo of Trail of Tears State Park was taken for the April 22, 1960 edition of the Southeast Missourian by G.D. Fronabarger. It shows a gravel Moccasin Springs Road leading toward the Mississippi River.
Here is the caption:
Rail fence, newly constructed in Trail of Tears Park north of Cape, adds a rustic note. This is in a recreation area, near an old homestead, and adjacent to the rail lines of the Frisco.
June 29, 1960 Southeast Missourian:
Slow Driving Needed in Park
Clarence Schilling, superintendent of Trail of Tears State Park, urged today that visitors using the facilities observe the 20-mile-per-hour speed limit on roads. He pointed out they are dusty and with campers and picnickers present, speeding creates a nuisance. Within the speed limit the dust is not so heavy, he noted. Mr. Schilling said blacktopping of the Moccasin Springs Road is planned for this year.