- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Traffic passes by Wescoat's Auto Sales, 1703 Broadway, on a snowy day in Cape Girardeau in this undated photo by G.D. Fronabarger.
The picture was likely taken in the early 1960s. The business is not listed in the 1964 city directory.
A building was constructed on the property and finished in early 1966. The 50 by 80-foot structure included a 50 by 33-foot showroom and a parts room and shop.
Wescoat Motor Co. was owned by Wm. H. Wescoat and operated across the street in the Texaco service station. The dealer sold Studebaker, Volvo and Saab.