- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Jan. 30, 1963 Southeast Missourian
Footing was treacherous on Cape Girardeau’s sidewalks and streets this morning. Miss Alene Owen and Mrs. Ronald R. LaLumendiere, on their way to work this morning, smiled for the photographer, but exercised caution in crossing the ice-covered surface of Fountain street. Pedestrians generally had hard going trying to negotiate the slick footing. (G.D. Fronabarger/Southeast Missourian archive)
Behind them is the Hotel Idan-Ha.
A traffic signal was in place at the time.
The movie at the Rialto Theatre was "Oklahoma!"
The Jan. 25, 1963 edition of the Southeast Missourian announces the movie will begin at the Rialto Theatre.
"The filmization of Rodgers and Hammerstein's immortal musical classic OKLAHOMA!, originally presented on a roadshow, two-a-day basis, will begin its continuous performance, popular-price run in CinemaScope and color by Technicolor beginning Sunday at the Rialto Theatre."
Here are previous blogs on the Hotel Idan-Ha: