- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Don McNeely's Band was active in the 1950s, playing the Purple Crackle in East Cape Girardeau, Ill. during Christmas 1952, where G.D. Fronabarger made this picture.
Left to right: Jerry Abernathy, Dick Powell, McNeely, Sonny Stevens, Allen Baker, Dennis Slinkard, Tony Carosello and Elwood Fisher.
McNeely started his broadcasting career at KFVS radio in 1943. He joined KFVS-TV when it went on the air in 1954 as its program director and on-air talent. Later he was the chief meteorologist until retiring in 1993.