- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Nov. 28, 1956 Southeast Missourian
It is the children who get the biggest thrill from anticipating the coming of Santa Claus, and a visit to the stores is always a treat. Patricia Ann, 2, and Donald Ray, 4, children of Mr. and Mrs. Joel Jones, 421 Emerald street, look into the situation, Donald Ray at a toy tractor and Patricia Ann at doll furniture. (G.D. Fronabarger photo)
The children were outside the Western Auto Associate store and Hutson Furniture Co., 43-47 South Main Street in Cape Girardeau.
The price on the spring horse is $10.95.
The two businesses were owned by Lynn and Glenn J. Hutson, who moved them from adjoining quarters at 2 and 6 North Main street in 1956. The new building was formerly Weiss Motor Co. that was converted into a sales area with 10,000 square feet.