- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
This picture by G.D. Fronabarger shows boys playing basketball in the gymnasium at the original Central High School building, 101 S. Pacific Avenue.
The boys appear to be junior high students, so it was likely taken during the late 1950s or early 1960s.
The building was constructed in 1915 and continued to serve as the district high school until 1953, when a new facility was constructed on Caruthers Avenue. The old school then became the district's junior high school.
On Oct. 24, 1965, it was rededicated as Louis J. Schultz School, housing a seventh-grade center. In 2002, Schultz School closed.
In May 2005, the alternative school was moved into renovated quarters at Schultz.
Developer Chad Hartle purchased the old school in 2008 which he renovated into Schultz Senior Apartments.