- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
It looks like a cool day but good enough for a motorboat ride on the Mississippi River.
G.D. Fronabarger took this picture of a 1958 Ford Thunderbird assisting at Honkers Boat Dock in Cape Girardeau. The date is unknown.
The current Red Star Access site on the Mississippi River in Cape Girardeau was formerly known as Honkers Boat Dock. In 2001, the Missouri Department of Conservation bought the 2-acre river access from AmerenUE for $101,450. The concrete boat ramp had been leased to the Honkers Boat Club for many years.
The June 24, 1958 Southeast Missourian reported the construction of a concrete small boat harbor north of Sloan Creek by Honkers Boat Club. A small park was also built adjoining the harbor.