- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
This picture by G.D. Fronabarger shows Cape Girardeau street department workers collecting leaves on a city street. It was published in the Nov. 8, 1960 edition of the Southeast Missourian. According to the caption, a mechanical sweeper deposits a load of leaves curbside. Then the leaves are picked up by a high lift and loaded onto a truck, which takes the leaves to a dumping ground. One such spot was at North Sprigg and Washington Avenue.