- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
G.D. Fronabarger took this picture at the lunch counter in the W.T. Grant Co. store in Town Plaza, possibly on its grand opening day in August, 1960.
Formerly a mystery photo, Jim Rapp says it was W.T. Grant about 1963.
The comment below by kcincapeg is in agreement.
This Southeast Missourian, June 12, 1973 story mentions a lunch and soft drinks service:
The W.T. Grant Co. store in Town Plaza was one of the original businesses when the shopping center was opened, and it has remained the largest in retail area with the exception of the Sears facility, which came later.
Opening in August, 1960, the store features soft lines of goods, carried in self-service type displays. Clothing of all types for all members of the family are carried, along with cosmetics, household goods, pets and pet supplies.
Customers, report the management, have come from all over the area -- Farmington to St. Marys, the Bootheel and southern Illinois. Also featured is a line of candies, lunch and soft drinks service and a range of garden supplies, in season.
The store here is one of 1,200 the company operates throughout the nation.