- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
These women were photographed by G.D. Fronabarger in downtown Cape Girardeau. We don't know their names or when or why it was taken.
The businesses in the background include, from left: Weiss Motor Co., Studebaker dealer; Carter Auto Sales, new and used cars; Firestone, Woolworth's and Hutson Furniture Co.
According to our librarian, Sharon Sanders, the picture was taken before Hutson's moved to its present location in 1956. You can see in the background Hutson is still on the corner of Main and Independence, and Weiss Motor is in the present Hutson location.