- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
These students of Cape Catholic High School are having a tug of war at Capaha Park in this picture taken by G.D. Fronabarger. The date is unknown but was during the 1950s.
Cape Girardeau Catholic High School opened in 1954. The name of the school was changed to Notre Dame High School in 1960. The Notre Dame Regional High School opened in 1998.
This item was published in the Southeast Missourian, May 17, 1958:
Cape Catholic pupils enjoyed field day at Capaha Park Wednesday. Activities, with all-school participation as part of the physical education requirement, began at 8:45, and Coach Tony Rubich, director of physical education, was assisted by Vernon Compas, the several team captains and faculty members in carrying out the day's program.