- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Beard's Sports Shop, 818 Broadway, and Wayne's Grill, 816 Broadway, are shown in this picture taken by G.D. Fronabarger in December, 1961.
Nearby buildings are the Esquire Theatre, 824 Broadway, and Southwestern Bell on the corner. Hartford Hill operated a gift shop at 814 Broadway next to Wayne's Grill.
Prior to the building expansion, Wayne's Grill moved to the former Mrs. Miller's Cafe, 828 Broadway, next to the Pla-Mor.
Beard's Sports Shop moved across the street to 811 Broadway, according to a 1965 city directory.
The Martha Washington Candy and Ice Cream Shop is listed at 818 Broadway in the 1967 city directory. It apparently changed its name. From 1968 to 1973 it is listed as Martha Colonial Candy and Ice Cream Shop.
The 1974 directory lists Weber TV & Appliance. That business filled the building into the new century.
Grace Cafe occupied the building later until it closed in late 2008.
In 2020, the building is Broadway Biergarten.