- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
We believe this photo by G.D. Fronabarger shows the Jackson Rotary Club holding its annual Pancake Day in Jackson.
Jim Rapp saw the picture and responds:
This location was the old St. Paul Lutheran School in Jackson, and this is where the Jackson Pancake Day was held. This was the second floor of the building. This building has since been torn down and the new St. Paul Lutheran School is located on this property at the corner of Russell St. and West Jefferson.
When the building was demolished, pancake day was moved to the New McKendree Methodist Church basement - Main St. and Adams.
Time frame, as I do recognize some of the individuals, is from 1957 - 1959.
I remember at the pancake days that you could eat as many as you could and leave there so "stuffed."