- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
G.D. Fronabarger took this picture of two women with umbrellas who may have been at Milady's Shop, 405 Broadway, on a snowy day in Cape Girardeau. The photo was on the front page of the Southeast Missourian Dec. 21, 1960. The caption reads:
Winter arriving some 24 hours ahead of time really blew up a storm as this picture at Broadway and Fountain well illustrates. It was a blizzard of proportions seldom seen in these parts that brought 3 inches of snow and traffic snarls of record size. And, the calendar says Winter actually didn't arrive until this afternoon.
Frony himself may been inside the Idan-Ha Coffee Shop, 403 Broadway.
Both stores were below the Hotel Idan-Ha on the corner of Broadway and Fountain Street.
Both businesses were destroyed when the hotel burned June 29, 1968.
The temperature sign reads 28 degrees at First Federal Savings and Loan.