- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
G.D. Fronabarger took this picture which was published in the Southeast Missourian on March 18, 1958.
Towering Snow Man
Junior High pupils put in a lot of energy in making this huge snow figure Monday. Some of the "artists" are shown; from the left, Pam Kinder, Marilyn Hoeh, Pat Shelton, Nancy Wyett, Elwood Brown, Johnny Cotner and Terry Lukens.
The building became Central Junior High School when the new high school was opened in 1953 on Caruthers Avenue.