- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Jan. 19, 1963 Southeast Missourian
Kermit Meystedt of Cape Girardeau Central stops short after a drive and lets Notre Dame’s Ray Glueck go sailing by. The Tiger cager followed with an easy jump shot before Bulldog Norm Robert, right, could move in during the City Series game Friday night. (G.D. Fronabarger photo)
The Cape Central Tigers won 56-42 over the home team Notre Dame Bulldogs in a packed gymnasium. The Tigers’ Paul Banks and Kermit Meystedt shared scoring honors with 17 apiece. Ray Glueck paced the Bulldogs with 15 and Tom Poston added 8.
Central Coach Bob Goodwin faced Notre Dame Coach Tony Rubich in the game.
Cape Girardeau Catholic High School opened in 1954. The name of the school was changed to Notre Dame High School in 1960. The building was used until 1998 when the new Notre Dame Regional High School opened.