- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Who are these people?
According to Mary Jo Schwettman, this is a group of Illmo-Fornfelt boys who graduated in 1956.
The group was photographed by G.D. Fronabarger in front of Jimmie Thompson's in the 1950s.
Jimmie Thompson's Drive-In Restaurant, 1923 Broadway, is listed in the 1954 and 1956 Cape Girardeau city directories. Owners listed are John F. and Chris C. Bond.
McDonald's is currently located at 1925 Broadway.
Behind the group is the Cordelia Avenue street sign. It appears that Jimmie Thompson's was demolished and a strip mall was built in its place, where AAA Auto Club is now.
In the background on the far left side is Broadway Prescription Shop, 1900 Broadway, at Caruthers Avenue.
Jan. 14, 1955 Southeast Missourian Locals and Personals ad:
Sandwiches, all kinds, French fried onions. Curb service 4 p.m. to midnight. Jimmie Thompson's.