- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
This photograph was taken in 1929 by an unknown photographer. It shows the 700 block of Broadway in Cape Girardeau with Bartels Mercantile Co. on the right, at the corner of Ellis Street.
Note the streetcar tracks and the distinctive street lights.
Other business buildings with signs visible include the Conservation Store, Hartner's Drugs and Luncheonette, Hupmobile, Piggly Wiggly and Model Grocery.