[SeMissourian.com] Fair ~ 35°F  
Freeze Warning
Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014
Sept. 11 stories

Washington, DC experience of 9/11 (09/09/11)
My husband, Mike and I were living in Washington, DC on September 11, 2001. I was watching the broadcast of the World Trade Center when the report was interrupted with the news of the Pentagon. It was amazing how quickly the city reacted after the attack on the Pentagon. ...
Never forget . Ten years later. (09/08/11)
I started September 11th 2001 unlike most in that I was watching the towers before sunrise. An amazing beacon across the harbor, I recall staring at Lady Liberty and the nearby Twins. It was about 4 am and I was headed home from Red Hook, Brooklyn after enjoying a Monday night out. Working for the NYPD, that Monday and Tuesday was my "weekend" -- they were part of my squad 1 rotating days off...
A Flight We'll Never Forget (08/30/11)
Sept 9th, 2011 Day 1 (Warning Signs) My husband Ralph, daughter Madison (who was 5 at the time) and I flew to Phoenix, AZ together on September 9th, 2011 so Ralph could attend a business meeting. It was our very first flight and our first trip out West and we were pretty apprehensive about it. ...
One Secret Service Agent's Experience (08/29/11)
September 11, 2001, I arrived at Secret Service Headquarters in downtown Washington, DC around 7:45am EDT. I joined several other agents in a conference room for a board meeting. One of the last to arrive announced that a plane had just crashed into the World Trade Center. ...
Remembering 9/11 with Prayer and Song (08/25/11)
A Time of Prayer and Remembrance: A 9/11 Tenth Anniversary Service Join the Cape Girardeau community for a time of prayer and music in memory of the victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, their families, the first responders, and our nation. A time for reflection, praying, singing, and listening. ...
September 10, 2001 we arrived down in Hyder, Alaska (08/25/11)
After three months of touring all of western side of Canada and all through Alaska we found ourselves coming down to Hyder, Alaska, home of the bears. Our SMART (Special Military Retired Travelers) Club with 20 military men and their wife's had enjoyed the wonders of our great world they had protected until retirement. We were glad to see our TV had reception in this area so we could catch up on what all was going on in the world...
"IT ALL STARTED IN CAPE GIRARDEAU" (08/24/11)
Simply put, September 11, 2001 cost the lives of more than three thousand people, altered the personal lives of tens of thousands of families and changed the course of U.S. and world history. For me, it all started in Cape Girardeau. I woke up in my hotel in Cape Girardeau that morning and went down to the restaurant for breakfast. ...