- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
McCormick's condition improves
Quincy University freshman basketball player Deanna McCormick was moved out of the Intensive Care Unit at Blessing Hospital on Thursday and relocated to the Intermediate Care Unit.
McCormick, a two-time all-state player at Notre Dame Regional High School, had been in intensive care since suffering a brain hemorrhage on Monday.
While bleeding has stopped, McCormick continues to have headaches and double vision.
On the air
College footballGridiron Classic, at Orlando, Fla., 1 p.m., ESPN2
College men's basketballGeorgia Tech at Duke, 11 a.m., ESPN
Illinois at Penn State, 11 a.m., KBSI
Arizona at Kansas, noon, CBS
Southeast at Austin Peay, 12:30 p.m., KEZS-102.9; 1 p.m., FOX-Sunshine
Notre Dame at Boston College, 1 p.m., ESPN
Missouri at Texas, 3 p.m., KBSI, KZIM-960
UCLA at California, 3 p.m., FOX-Midwest
Louisville at Tennessee, 4 p.m., ESPN2
Kentucky at Alabama, 7 p.m., ESPN
College women's basketballTexas at Kansas St., 1 p.m., FOX-Midwest
Southeast at Austin Peay, 4:40 p.m., KAPE-1550
Oregon St. at Washington, 7 p.m., FOX-Midwest
Skins Game, 2 p.m., WSIL
Phoenix Open, 2 p.m., KFVS
Singapore Masters, 11:30 p.m., GOLF
High school boys basketballAdvance at South Iron, 6:15 p.m., KYRX-97.3
Horse racingSunshine Millions Turf, Sunshine Millions Dash and Sunshine Millions Classic, 2 p.m., WPSD
Australian Open men's championship, 9 p.m., ESPN
College men's basketballSoutheast at Austin Peay, 1 p.m.
College women's basketballSoutheast at Austin Peay, 5 p.m.
High school boys' basketballArnold Peoples Christian at Eagle Ridge Christian, 4 p.m.
Advance at South Iron, 6:30 p.m.
Chester, Ill., at Perryville, 7:30 p.m.
High school boys' swimmingNotre Dame vs. Vianney, DeSmet, at Chaminade, noon
High school girls' basketballNotre Dame Shootout: Central vs. St. Charles, 1:30 p.m.; Poplar Bluff vs. Nerinx Hall, 3 p.m.; Jackson vs. Incarnate Word, 4:30 p.m.; Notre Dame vs. Visitation, 6 p.m.
Scott-Mississippi Conference Tournament, Oran: Delta vs. Kelly, 2:30 p.m.
Arnold Peoples Christian at Eagle Ridge Christian, 2:30 p.m.
Chester, Ill., at Perryville, 6 p.m.
High school wrestlingSEMO Conference Tournament, Jackson, 10 a.m.
Oran defeated Kelly in a semifinal of the Scott-Mississippi Conference boys basketball tournament Thursday. A headline in Friday's edition was incorrect.
The Southeast Missourian regrets the error.