- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Community digest 1/23/03
Cape to hold its winter community garage sale
The city of Cape Girardeau will hold its Winter Community Garage Sale at the Osage Community Centre on Saturday.
Those interested can call 335-5421 for more details.
Healthy living class to be presented
NEW HAMBURG, Mo. -- A class called "10 Principles of Healthy Living" will be presented by Jackie Maassen at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the St. Lawrence Parish Center in New Hamburg.
Toddler Time planned at Cape's public library
The Cape Girardeau Public Library will hold Toddler Time at 10 a.m. Monday.
Children ages 18 months to two years are invited to come with a caregiver and share a story, music, toys and fun.
Those interested in the event can call the library at 334-5279 for more information.
Family history workshop scheduled for Saturday
The Cape Girardeau County Archive Center, in conjunction with the Cape Girardeau County Genealogical Society, will hold a workshop for people interested in learning how to research their family history from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at the Archive Center.
The archive center is located at 112 E. Washington in Jackson.
This will be a Beginning Genealogy class with limited enrollment. Call 204-2331 to reserve a space. Bring a notebook and any family information you have already collected. Parking is available across the street from the Archive Center.
St. Joseph Parish to host trivia night
A trivia night will be held Saturday at the St. Joseph Parish Center in Scott City.
Doors open at 6:15 p.m., play begins at 7 p.m. The cost is $10 per person with a maximum of eight players per table.
Snacks and drinks will be provided.
PWP to hold Super Bowl party this weekend
Parents Without Partners will host a pizza party with games and movies for the kids on Saturday.
The organization will host a Super Bowl party for adults on Sunday. Call 335-0797 for more information.
-- From staff reports