- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Linda "Marie" Winchester, 64, of Advance died Monday, Jan. 20, 2003, at her home.
She was born May 4, 1938, in Cumberland City, Tenn., daughter of Robert W. and Bertie Lee Pulley Smith. She and Jerry Edward Winchester were married in December 1962 in St. Louis.
Winchester was a retired licensed practical nurse. She was a member of Dongola Friendship Baptist Church at Dongola, Mo.
Survivors include her husband; a son, George Smith of Granite City, Ill.; four daughters, Shelia Moro of Cumberland City, Linda Tomlinson and Lori Maddox of Advance, Lisa Canter of Granite City; her mother of Advance; a sister, Betty Baker of Granite City; 10 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father, a brother, and a sister.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Dongola Friendship Baptist Church, with the Revs. Dan Overton and J. Scott Price officiating. Burial will be in Dongola Cemetery.