- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Area man arrested on drug charges
While serving a search warrant Monday, Jackson law enforcement authorities arrested a 39-year-old man after finding a package with more than 5 grams of marijuana in his home, said Sgt. Christopher Mouser.
Jimmy Holt of 957 W. Independence, Jackson, was charged Tuesday with felony possession a controlled substance with intent to distribute and a misdemeanor for possession of drug paraphernalia.
He remains in custody at the Cape Girardeau County Jail in lieu of $30,000 bail.