- Authorities: Infant left in car, dies in Cape Girardeau County (8/13/18)
- Oran police chief spanked boy; MSHP filed assault report; no charges followed (8/9/18)11
- Highway patrol finds missing video sought by defense in Sikeston murder case (8/11/18)1
- Federal program to provide free meals for all Cape district students for 4 years (8/7/18)5
- Vote 'no' on Prop A (8/2/18)
- Cape County voters pick Welker, Miller, Tracy, Hovis in Tuesday primaries (8/8/18)
- SEMO native gets Bootheel clicking (8/9/18)
- Missouri voters reject law banning compulsory union fees (8/8/18)19
- A new sheriff in town: Ruth Ann Dickerson takes over in interim role (8/14/18)1
- Prop A draws 'no' votes from area Republicans (8/13/18)17
Chester Louis Wallis, 78, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Jan. 19, 2003, at the Lutheran Home.
He was born June 20, 1924, in Cape Girardeau, son of Chester H. and Clara Brunke Wallis. He and Alma Mae Bock were married Dec. 5, 1946, in Cape Girardeau.
Chester was a lifelong resident of Cape Girardeau. He was baptized at Trinity Lutheran Church July 6, 1924.
He was past president of St. Andrew Lutheran Church and served on the board of directors, and was president of the Exchange Club in 1962.
Chester served in the U.S. Army from Jan. 19, 1943, to March 10, 1946.
Survivors include two daughters, Cathy Jo Clark of Jackson, Nancy Sue Wilkinson of Kirkwood, Mo.; a brother, Darrell Wallis of St. Louis; and a granddaughter, Kenda Jo Clark of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, and a brother.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday.
A memorial service will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Jim Hicks will officiate. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Saxony Lutheran High School Building Fund.