- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Bill and Elizabeth Berry of Cape Girardeau and Jon and Susan Copeland of Columbus, Ohio, announce the engagement of their daughter, Sarah Beth Copeland, to John W. Schaefer II. He is the son of John and Ronna Schaefer of Mitchell, S.D.
Copeland is a 1990 graduate of Central High School, and is pursuing a degree in the arts. She is employed at Atlanticville Cafe on Sullivan's Island, S.C.
Schaefer is a 1990 graduate of Mitchell High School. He is manager at Wild Dunes Resort at Isle of Palms, S.C.
A beach wedding is planned April 25 at Isle of Palms.