- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
APPLE CREEK, Mo. -- St. Joseph Catholic Church was the setting May 4, 2002, for the wedding of Tonya Buchheit and Philip Schwartz. Msgr. Richard Buchheit performed the ceremony. Musician and soloist was Angie Kapp of O'Fallon, Mo.
Lawrence and Shirley Buchheit of Apple Creek are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of John and Neisha Schwartz of Thebes, Ill.
Matrons of honor were Bonnie Welker and Billie Jo Sutterer, sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Jill Essner and Dana Van deven, sisters of the groom; Christi Schlimpert, Mary Seyer, Charlotte Unterreiner; Jessica Welker, niece of the bride; and Stephanie Essner, niece of the groom.
Jeff Cox and Doug Ressel were the groom's best men. Groomsmen were Danny Essner and David Van deven, brothers-in-law of the groom; Brian Sutterer and Michael Welker, brothers-in-law of the bride; Matthew Schwartz, brother of the groom; and Trent Van deven, nephew of the groom. Ushers were Victor Van deven, nephew of the groom, and Dustin Welker, nephew of the bride.
Candlelighters were Joshua Welker, nephew of the bride, and Emily Essner, niece of the groom.
Ringbearers were Eric Essner, nephew of the groom; Jacob Sutterer and Derek Welker, nephews of the bride.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Apple Creek Hall.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner May 3 at the hall.
Mrs. Schwartz is a 1989 graduate of St. Vincent's High School in Perryville, Mo., and a 1993 graduate of Maryville University in St. Louis. She is a physical therapist at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a 1988 graduate of Scott City High School. He is a mechanic at William Nobbe Equipment Co. in Jackson.
The couple resides at Pocahontas, Mo.