- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Farewell to a First Lady (7/17/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Cape drops charge against carGO (7/18/18)9
- Support worker freedom by voting 'yes' on Prop A (7/14/18)
- Wiggans resigns; Bristow named interim superintendent at Meadow Heights (7/18/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Cape city spending thousands to promote commuter flights, boost boardings (7/17/18)5
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
Family grateful for response after fire tragedy
To the editor:
I would like to express my appreciation for the response that was made when my daughter's (Denise Williams) house burned Dec. 28.
I want to thank the Southeast Missourian for its coverage and concern, and especially Janis Gosche, who came to interview and talk to my family. She was so sweet and polite and had so much patience. I can't put into words my feelings of gratitude for the concern and overwhelming response that followed after the story about the awful tragedy was published.
There is no way I can thank each one individually, but I want everyone to know how appreciative we were of each donation and gesture made in assisting us at such a terrible and emotional time. Thank you so much, and may God bless you all.