- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CAIRO, Ill. -- Carl W. Axelson, 90, of Cairo died Monday, Jan. 13, 2003, at Life Care Center in LaCenter, Ky.
He was born Dec. 28, 1912, in Cairo, son of Emil and Fannie Schlamer Axelson. He married Rosemary Dowd.
Axelson formerly owned Carl Axelson Marine Welding Co. He was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Janice Osgood of Cairo, Barbara Burnett of Murphysboro, Ill., Susan Finley of Ormond Beach, Fla.; two sons, Maj. Carl Axelson with the U.S. Army in Germany, Rodney Clancy of Luling, La.; a brother, Albert Axelson of Cape Girardeau; several grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother, three sisters, and a granddaughter.
Graveside service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, Ill. Richard Keplinger will officiate.
Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo is in charge of arrangements.