- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Wanda Scapino Martin, 75, of Sikeston died Saturday, Jan. 11, 2003, at her home.
She was born April 28, 1927, in Pulaski, Ill., daughter of Fred and Marie Denfip Miller. She and John Charles Scapino were married Sept. 7, 1946. He died Nov. 7, 1976. She later married Warren Martin Jan. 19, 1979. He died Nov. 30, 1994.
Martin had been a telephone operator for Illinois Bell, and then was an engineering clerk for Southwestern Bell. She was a member of Trinity Baptist Church in Sikeston, Telephone Pioneers, and lifetime member of Communication Workers of America.
Survivors include a son, Robert Scapino of Lombard, Ill.; two stepsons, Tommy Martin of Germantown, Tenn., Michael Martin of Huntsville, Ala.; a stepdaughter, Charlotte Penton of Picayune, Miss.; five sisters, Lucille Mayberry of Tamms, Ill., Leota Riddle and Shannen Ledbetter of Sikeston, Rita Vines of Pulaski, Betty Parker of Villa Ridge, Ill.; 10 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and a brother.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tom Geers officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.