- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BELL CITY, Mo. -- Laura Danielle Spears and Matthew Darren DeJournett exchanged vows July 13, 2002, at Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran, Mo. The Rev. John Harth performed the ceremony.
Parents of the bride are Brad and Rosie Spears of Bell City. The groom is the son of Madeline DeJournett of Advance, Mo., and the late Dale DeJournett.
The bride was presented in marriage by her father.
Maid of honor was Katie Spears of Bell City, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Rachel Spears of Bell City, sister of the bride, and Kristin DeJournett of Advance, sister of the groom.
Todd DeJournett of Minneapolis, Minn., served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Chance White of Sikeston, Mo., and Matthew Welch of Advance.
Flower girl was Madison Landeros, daughter of Michael and Pam Landeros of Chaffee, Mo., and cousin of the bride. Ringbearer was Caleb Scherer, son of Tim and Michelle Scherer of Benton, Mo., and cousin of the bride.
Mrs. DeJournett is a 1998 graduate of Bell City High School. She received a bachelor's degree in secondary education from Southwest Missouri State University in Springfield in 2002. She is an English teacher and volleyball coach at Richland High School in Essex, Mo.
The groom is a 1997 graduate of Advance High School, and is attending Three Rivers Community College in Poplar Bluff, Mo. He is employed at Meeks Lumber Co. in Poplar Bluff.
After a wedding trip to St. Thomas, the couple is residing in Dexter, Mo.