- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Father in rat-biting case also charged
AURORA, Mo. -- A southwest Missouri man whose estranged wife is charged with child abuse after a rat-biting incident now faces charges himself.
Arthur Heitz, 21, is charged with one count of child abuse and is scheduled to appear in court Jan. 30.
His wife, Charlee, 22, has been charged in a separate incident in which the couple's twin 5-month-old sons were found bitten by rats while they were strapped in car seats in an upstairs room.
According to court documents, Arthur Heitz was accused of placing the couple's 2-year-old son on an electric space heater sometime between the end of September and the beginning of October.
Charlee Heitz is scheduled for a a preliminary hearing Thursday.