- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
ANNA, Ill. -- Lela Provence, 91, of Thayer, Mo., formerly of Anna, died Monday, Jan. 6, 2003, at Shady Oaks Health Care Center in Thayer.
She was born Sept. 19, 1911, in Reliance, S.D., daughter of John and Lucy Eleanor Edwards Smithson. She and Kenneth Provence were married Sept. 29, 1927, in Murphysboro, Ill.
Survivors include a son, Ed Provence of Mesa, Ariz.; a sister, Billie Briner of Anna; 15 grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband and a son.
Graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Anna City Cemetery.
Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna is in charge of arrangements.