- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ANNA, Ill. -- Lela Provence, 91, of Thayer, Mo., formerly of Anna, died Monday, Jan. 6, 2003, at Shady Oaks Health Care Center in Thayer.
She was born Sept. 19, 1911, in Reliance, S.D., daughter of John and Lucy Eleanor Edwards Smithson. She and Kenneth Provence were married Sept. 29, 1927, in Murphysboro, Ill.
Survivors include a son, Ed Provence of Mesa, Ariz.; a sister, Billie Briner of Anna; 15 grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband and a son.
Graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Anna City Cemetery.
Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna is in charge of arrangements.