- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
ANNA, Ill. -- Lela Provence, 91, of Thayer, Mo., formerly of Anna, died Monday, Jan. 6, 2003, at Shady Oaks Health Care Center in Thayer.
She was born Sept. 19, 1911, in Reliance, S.D., daughter of John and Lucy Eleanor Edwards Smithson. She and Kenneth Provence were married Sept. 29, 1927, in Murphysboro, Ill.
Survivors include a son, Ed Provence of Mesa, Ariz.; a sister, Billie Briner of Anna; 15 grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband and a son.
Graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Anna City Cemetery.
Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna is in charge of arrangements.