- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Alma Fern Statler, 91, of Perryville died Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2003, at Ste. Genevieve Care Center in Ste. Genevieve, Mo.
She was born Dec. 24, 1911, in Perry County, daughter of Gilbert and Flossie Murray Conrad. She and Rayford Statler were married May 21, 1936. He died March 30, 1993.
Statler taught 20 years in one-room county schools, and taught first grade 22 years at Perryville Elementary School.
She was a member of First Presbyterian Church, Retired Teachers Association, Alpha Delta Kappa, and Royal Neighbors of America.
Survivors include a daughter, Judith Schmelzle of Ste. Genevieve; an adopted grandson and a great-granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, and Saturday after 6:30 a.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Revs. Tisha Mundy and Thomas Bass officiating. Burial will be in Home Cemetery.