- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Report - India test-fires missile
NEW DELHI, India -- India test-fired an Agni ballistic missile, which is capable of carrying nuclear weapons, a television station reported today.
Such tests are routine and rarely are announced in advance.
The short-range missile was fired from Chandipur-on-Sea on the coast of eastern Orissa state, Star News TV reported.
The test firing came as the Indian and Pakistani governments are making nuclear-weapons threats at each other.