- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)58
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Report - India test-fires missile
NEW DELHI, India -- India test-fired an Agni ballistic missile, which is capable of carrying nuclear weapons, a television station reported today.
Such tests are routine and rarely are announced in advance.
The short-range missile was fired from Chandipur-on-Sea on the coast of eastern Orissa state, Star News TV reported.
The test firing came as the Indian and Pakistani governments are making nuclear-weapons threats at each other.