- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
Report - India test-fires missile
NEW DELHI, India -- India test-fired an Agni ballistic missile, which is capable of carrying nuclear weapons, a television station reported today.
Such tests are routine and rarely are announced in advance.
The short-range missile was fired from Chandipur-on-Sea on the coast of eastern Orissa state, Star News TV reported.
The test firing came as the Indian and Pakistani governments are making nuclear-weapons threats at each other.