- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ad nets kidney donor for 5-year-old
MADISON, Wis. -- A 5-year-old girl who received a new kidney from a donor who answered an ad her family put in a newspaper was in good condition Saturday. So was her donor, David Harper, 38, of Mount Morris, Ill.
Harper responded to the ad Angela Rushford's mother, Patty, placed in the Rock River Times that said her daughter needed a kidney. Doctors determined he was a match for her.
Angela, of Rockford, Ill., has polycystic renal failure, a condition doctors say is usually seen in older people.