- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
BENTON, Mo. -- Mildred Colletta Felter, 81, of Benton died Monday, Dec. 30, 2002, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 12, 1921, at Randles, Mo., daughter of Leo and Clara Essner Schlitt. She and Sylvester A. Felter were married Sept. 30, 1941, at Oran, Mo. He died Aug. 16, 1996.
Felter was a member of St. Denis Catholic Church.
Survivors include four sons, Robert Felter of Dallas, Texas, Sylvester Felter Jr., David and Joseph Felter, all of Benton; 10 daughters, Shirley Cook of Las Vegas, Nev., Linda Ressel, Doris Stubenrauch and Yvonne Schwartz, all of Kelso, Mo., Laverne Felter of Rolla, Mo., Delores Ancell of Huntsville, Ala., Diane Galwith of Fulton, Mo., Susie Bohannon of Benton, Mary Reed of Aiken, S.C., Carla Fellows of Jackson; 31 grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; four stepgrandchildren; and five great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, two daughters, two brothers, and a granddaughter.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday. Parish prayers will be at 7, followed by Knights of Columbus service at 7:15.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Denis Catholic Church, with the Revs. Tom Kiefer and Normand Varone officiating. Burial will be in St. Denis Cemetery.