- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
County should listen to findings of its consultant
To the editor:
Was it just me, or did Gerald Jones' comments about the independent study regarding the need for a new juvenile facility seem hypocritical?
"If all she is going to be is critical of the facility, then we have wasted our money," the Cape Girardeau County presiding commissioner said about the consultant hired by the county.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the sole purpose of hiring an independent consultant, at the cost of $61,000, to get an honest opinion as to whether a new facility is needed? So now the results are coming in, and it isn't what Jones wants to hear. Now he is trying to discredit the consultant. His comment about "her first rattle out of the box" was condescending. I am disgusted. Give the county employees the facilities and tools they need to safely do their jobs.