- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
County should listen to findings of its consultant
To the editor:
Was it just me, or did Gerald Jones' comments about the independent study regarding the need for a new juvenile facility seem hypocritical?
"If all she is going to be is critical of the facility, then we have wasted our money," the Cape Girardeau County presiding commissioner said about the consultant hired by the county.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the sole purpose of hiring an independent consultant, at the cost of $61,000, to get an honest opinion as to whether a new facility is needed? So now the results are coming in, and it isn't what Jones wants to hear. Now he is trying to discredit the consultant. His comment about "her first rattle out of the box" was condescending. I am disgusted. Give the county employees the facilities and tools they need to safely do their jobs.