- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
County should listen to findings of its consultant
To the editor:
Was it just me, or did Gerald Jones' comments about the independent study regarding the need for a new juvenile facility seem hypocritical?
"If all she is going to be is critical of the facility, then we have wasted our money," the Cape Girardeau County presiding commissioner said about the consultant hired by the county.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the sole purpose of hiring an independent consultant, at the cost of $61,000, to get an honest opinion as to whether a new facility is needed? So now the results are coming in, and it isn't what Jones wants to hear. Now he is trying to discredit the consultant. His comment about "her first rattle out of the box" was condescending. I am disgusted. Give the county employees the facilities and tools they need to safely do their jobs.