- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Holiday of Lights contest winners announced
Members of the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce Beautification and Enhancement Committee were out and about earlier this month naming winners from among the city's many homes and businesses decorated for the holiday season.
Committee members were looking for two residential and one commercial display from each of Cape Girardeau's seven designated areas.
The Beautification and Enhancement committee appreciates the time and effort of each person who constructed holiday displays this year.
The committee encourages everyone to take an opportunity to drive through the city and view these beautiful decorations, as well as swing through Cape County Park North and look at those exhibits.