- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church was the setting Oct. 25, 2002, for the wedding of Maria Kathryn Swan and James Michael Childress. The Rev. Michael V. McDevitt performed the ceremony. Pianist was Shane Steck and soloists were Brandon Hahs and Tina Trickey, all of Cape Girardeau. Trio Girardeaux also performed.
The bride is the daughter of Reg and Kathy Swan of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Stan and Joan Bullington of Poplar Bluff, Mo., and Phil and Fran Childress of Williamsville, Mo.
Bridesmaids were Julie Childress of Springfield, Mo., sister of the groom; Tori Matlock of McClure, Ill.; Kristen Tarwater of Columbia, Mo.; Rachel Twenter of Jacksonville, Fla.; and Amy Risenhoover of Columbia.
Groomsmen were Matt Edmundson of Poplar Bluff; Regan Swan of Cape Girardeau, brother of the bride; John Foster of Kansas City, Mo.; Brian Belknap of Poplar Bluff, cousin of the groom; Colby Robertson and Todd Bullington, brother of the groom, both of Poplar Bluff. Ushers were Chris Montgomery of Poplar Bluff, Jay Edmundson of St. Louis, and Lanze Donze of Poplar Bluff, stepbrother of the groom.
Flower girl was Olivia Hurst of Poplar Bluff, cousin of the groom. Ringbearer was William Vogel of Town & Country, Mo., cousin of the bride.
Guest book attendants were Leslie Swan, cousin of the bride, and Sheriann Swan, aunt of the bride.
Greeters were Drs. Patrick and Janet Ruopp; Marylou Geary; and John and Vida Stanard, uncle and aunt of the bride.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Osage Community Centre. Servers were Nina Swan-Kohler, Tina Druckenmiller and Vida Stanard, aunts of the bride.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 24 at the Royal N'Orleans Restaurant.
Mrs. Childress is a 1995 graduate of Central High School. She received a bachelor of journalism degree from the University of Missouri in 1999. She is public relations coordinator at St. Francis Medical Center.
The groom is a 1993 graduate of Poplar Bluff High School. He received a bachelor of science degree from Southeast Missouri State University in 1999. He is a loan officer at 1st Community Bank in Poplar Bluff.
After a wedding trip to Maui, Hawaii, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.