- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Betty Jo Bowen
Betty Jo Bowen, 69, of Marston, Mo., died Sunday, Dec. 22, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born March 12, 1933, in Yarbough, Ark., daughter of Arnold and Opal Martin Thornton. She and Thomas L. Bowen were married Jan. 21, 1953, in Piggott, Ark.
She was a member of First Baptist Church in Conran, Mo.
Survivors include her husband; four sons, Eddie G. Bowen of Jackson, Thomas R. Bowen of Oak Ridge, Ebert L. Bowen of Millersville and Danny J. Bowen of Perryville, Mo.; a brother, David R. Thornton of Wardell, Mo.; seven grandchildren; seven stepgrandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and seven stepgreat-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson. Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, followed by burial in Goshen Cemetery near Oak Ridge. The Rev. Raymond V. Epps will officiate.