- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Betty Jo Bowen
Betty Jo Bowen, 69, of Marston, Mo., died Sunday, Dec. 22, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born March 12, 1933, in Yarbough, Ark., daughter of Arnold and Opal Martin Thornton. She and Thomas L. Bowen were married Jan. 21, 1953, in Piggott, Ark.
She was a member of First Baptist Church in Conran, Mo.
Survivors include her husband; four sons, Eddie G. Bowen of Jackson, Thomas R. Bowen of Oak Ridge, Ebert L. Bowen of Millersville and Danny J. Bowen of Perryville, Mo.; a brother, David R. Thornton of Wardell, Mo.; seven grandchildren; seven stepgrandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and seven stepgreat-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson. Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, followed by burial in Goshen Cemetery near Oak Ridge. The Rev. Raymond V. Epps will officiate.