- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Loretta Harrell, 87, of Chaffee died Saturday, Dec. 21, 2002, at the Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Oct. 16, 1915, in Painton, Mo., daughter of Joseph and Philomine Glastetter Brucker. She and Leland Harrell were married Oct. 22, 1941. He died March 31, 1994.
She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee and Daughters of St. Ambrose.
Survivors include a son, John Paul Harrell of Chaffee; a daughter, Patricia Griesemer of Huntsville, Ala.; a brother, Eugene Brucker of Advance, Mo.; a sister, Cora Gosche of Chaffee; 10 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and a brother.
Visitation will be at 5 p.m., with parish prayers at 7 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Ambrose Catholic Church with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.