- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Military digest 12/23/02
Pridemore graduates from submarine course
Navy Seaman Apprentice Amos D. Pridemore, son of Laura Pridemore of Cape Girardeau, recently graduated from the Basic Enlisted Submarine Course at Naval Submarine School in Groton, Conn.
During his six-week course, Pridemore studied the basic theory, construction and operation of nuclear-powered submarines. He also learned about shipboard organization, damage control, submarine safety and escape procedures.
Pridemore particpated in hands-on training with reality simulators, which included firefighting and flood control on board a submarine. He also learned about a submarine's basic hydraulic, water and air systems.
Pridemore is a 2000 graduate of Cape Central High School in Cape Girardeau. He joined the Navy in July.
Gibbar graduates from basic training
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Air Force Airman Eric S. Gibbar has graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.
During his six weeks of training, Gibbar studied the Air Force mission and organization, as well as its military customs and courtesies; performed drill and ceremony marches; and received physical training, rifle marksmanship training, field training and special training in human relations.
Airmen who complete basic training earn credits toward an associate degree through the Community College of the Air Force.
The son of Kathy and John Gibbar of Perryville, Mo., Gibbar is a 2002 graduate of Perryville High School.
-- From staff reports