- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
Four bodies found in Oregon forest
TILLAMOOK, Ore. -- The bodies of a woman and three children were found in a remote area of the Tillamook State Forest and the case was being investigated as a homicide, authorities said Sunday.
The bodies had not been identified and the genders of the children had not been determined, Tillamook County Sheriff Todd Anderson said. The sheriff's office said earlier the causes of death had not been determined.
"We're expanding the grid search to see if there are more victims. I hope to heck this is it, but we just don't know," Anderson said.
He said authorities had not ruled out a murder-suicide.
Two hunters in the northwestern Oregon forest found the first body Saturday morning on a remote road about 30 miles east of Tillamook.
State Police investigators later found the other three bodies in the same general area. Authorities searched the area until dark Saturday and resumed at dawn Sunday.
"There is a lot of evidence at the scene, but I can't go into that right now," Anderson said. "We are analyzing missing person's reports and we will be looking globally."
He said the sheriff's department is setting up a tip line to develop leads and that the department had already received some calls.
The area where the bodies were found is covered with second growth timber and underbrush, and is popular with dirt bikers, all-terrain-vehicle riders and hunters.
Tillamook is on the Oregon coast, about 60 miles west of Portland.