- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Four bodies found in Oregon forest
TILLAMOOK, Ore. -- The bodies of a woman and three children were found in a remote area of the Tillamook State Forest and the case was being investigated as a homicide, authorities said Sunday.
The bodies had not been identified and the genders of the children had not been determined, Tillamook County Sheriff Todd Anderson said. The sheriff's office said earlier the causes of death had not been determined.
"We're expanding the grid search to see if there are more victims. I hope to heck this is it, but we just don't know," Anderson said.
He said authorities had not ruled out a murder-suicide.
Two hunters in the northwestern Oregon forest found the first body Saturday morning on a remote road about 30 miles east of Tillamook.
State Police investigators later found the other three bodies in the same general area. Authorities searched the area until dark Saturday and resumed at dawn Sunday.
"There is a lot of evidence at the scene, but I can't go into that right now," Anderson said. "We are analyzing missing person's reports and we will be looking globally."
He said the sheriff's department is setting up a tip line to develop leads and that the department had already received some calls.
The area where the bodies were found is covered with second growth timber and underbrush, and is popular with dirt bikers, all-terrain-vehicle riders and hunters.
Tillamook is on the Oregon coast, about 60 miles west of Portland.